Saturday, February 03, 2007

Japanese Western Food

The other day my wife and I were thinking about something nice to cook this weekend when it was supposed to be pretty cold. She suggested chili. I suggested Kikioé chili. She gave me a puzzled look.

"What kind of chili?" she asked.

Wondering why she was confused, I simply replied "Kikioé".

We sort of looked at each other, wondering ever so slightly if the spouse was off his or her rocker. Then we both burst out laughing and, after several minutes of attempting to collect ourselves, we agreed that it would, indeed, be a great idea to make my brother Andy's chili recipe he sent us about a month ago.

Any why would this weekend be so nice for chili? Well, as I type this it is almost 10:30 on Saturday morning and the current temp is -12°, with a predicted high of -7°. Now if that doesn't call for a huge vat of chili followed by a draught of hot chocolate, I don't know what does.

Here's to the crock pot, I say!

No comments: