Sunday, February 11, 2007

Family Times

So, check it out...

Last Friday my wife asked me if I had talked to my brother Tom that day. I had not, since I was at work for most of the day and did not have my cell phone on. I asked her if it was anything urgent or important, and she replied in the affirmative, though with a grin indicating something other than what I had probably expected. She said that he was on his way up to the Cities for a visit! I was thrilled, and could hardly wait (though of course I had no choice) to see him later on that evening.

He got to our home about 11pm and the three of us had a fantastic time chatting and drinking soda while, of course, watching Star Trek. :) Yesterday we did nothing particularly noteworthy save for running some errands to a couple different stores, but it was great to just hang out with him. We watch a two-part episode of Star Trek called "Chain of Command," which is based on, among other sources, George Orwell's 1984 and is, in my humble opinion, one of the best episodes in the series. We finished the day with a trip to Applebee's for some half-priced appetizers which consisted of cheese sticks and wings. Most excellent.

Today was church, some delicious leftovers from last night's dinner of homemade tacos, and a few more errands, the minutia of which I will not post here because it's time to end this entry. Suffice it to say this weekend has been awesome, and will continue to be especially when we sit down for some Papa Murphy's and Ocean's 11 in a little while.

No comments: