Saturday, March 22, 2008

Them All

Yesterday we took ourselves down a stroll through the National Mall. Here's a few snapshots with explanatory captions...


Just a picture of the Washington Monument, my favorite. It's like the king of monuments.


The Thomas Jefferson Monument (or Memorial? I forget). My wife's favorite. Inside is a gigantor statue of Mr. Jefferson himself.


This is for my dad and my brothers who are into this sort of thing: a shot of the DC Metro. It's entirely electric, and one can get from anywhere to anywhere for just a buck or two. We have used it every day. The train itself isn't all that interesting, so I did one of those sweet motion-trail shots on our little Canon SD-1000 using a one-second shutter speed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love your ghost train picture.... i'm into both 1 second exposures and subways...