Wednesday, February 13, 2008

That time again

Tonight, as my wife and I were eating dinner, she pointed outside and then asked me what time it was. "Six o'clock," I responded, not quite understanding her point. But a few seconds later it hit me: it was still light out. Not two months ago it would have been pitch black and the lamp in front of our apartment building would have begun bathing the walkway in shaded fades of yellow. Apparently we gain about one minute of daylight each day in January, and while this progression is hardly noticeable on a day-to-day basis, it's awesome when progress rears its head at the most unlikely of times.

I was informed today that Lord of the Rings is being produced as a musical. Odd, I suppose, but then, I think I would really enjoy going to see it. Trouble is, it's only in London, but maybe when it shows up stateside we could get tickets. I don't know how comfortable I would be seeing the Ringwraiths break out in song at weathertop, or the riders of Rohan defend Helms Deep with the slings and arrows of a well-timed harmony, but I suppose it could be done. Though it does give me cause to shudder, if ever so slightly.

No comments: