Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Chrisp

Today was one of those decidedly autumn days which can only be described with the word "crisp." It was neither hot nor cold, and the brownish leaves exploding in a stunning display of natural fireworks, were slowly beginning to decorate the streets and walkways with a soft blanket of earthly color. The ground itself, it would seem, was busy snuggling itself up in its own natural blanket in preparation for the coming winter months. It's also getting dark just a bit earlier each evening, and I happened to notice this tonight when I went into the grocery store under a light blue canopy and emerged not a half hour later to see the wayward white eye of the night staring down at me from a decidedly navy face. Winter is coming, no doubt, but beyond it lies another spring and summer, and that is definitely something to look forward to.

I remember a guy from Russ's way back in the day whose name was "Kenneth Chrisp." I don't remember anything about the man save for his name, and today made me think of him too.

No comments: