Thursday, September 28, 2006

Trust the Fungus

As I type this, I am at my friend's house watching what my brothers consider to be the greatest movie of all time. It stars the uniquely talented Samantha Mathis, along with ever-dependable Dennis Hopper, and Mr. One-Man-Broadway-Show himself, John Leguizamo. Oh, and let's not forget Bob Hoskins ("Stalingrad!").

Yes, that's right, I'm watching Super Mario Bros. and believe me, if you've never seen it, you've been deprived of one of the...oddest...movie-watching experiences ever. It's full of cheesy acting and a terrible plot, but when you have two plumbers struggling to save a city from an evil ruler while the former ruler, who has been transformed into an ever present fungus, also struggles to help the plumbers as they go on their quest to find Princess Daisy and a rock, which will reunite the...um...something, that...ah...has nothing to do with video games.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it, because we turned it off after you left and watched Ghostbusters instead. :) I know you would approve of that movie selection as well. Guess I can live without finding out what happened with the "giant booger" and the impressively-shaped hair of Koopa.