Sunday, July 20, 2008

Just Visiting

Yesterday morning I went to see my cousin Eddy for a while, and we had a great time chatting, looking at photos, and going out for coffee at a Starbucks near his house. We had actually planned on visiting the local Starbucks alternative, Caribou Coffee, but after driving around for 15 minutes with no luck, we gave in and supported The Man instead. But we were provided with delicious drinks, so I guess it's all good in the end.

One thing I realized while hanging out with him is that the iPod Touch we got last week is a fantastic photo viewer. I wanted to show Eddy some pictures of our recent trip to Nebraska, so I whipped out the iPod and wha-bam! Tons of photos at our fingertips, on a screen that was big enough for both of us to see easily. So score one for Apple, I guess.

We might go to see the new Batman movie today, which I've been itching to see ever since I saw the first trailers several months ago. One guy I work with in the summer went to a midnight showing last week and clocked in the next morning barely able to describe how awesome it was. All I know is, M. Night Shamalyan has nothing on Christopher Nolan, who has yet to make a bad movie. Memento, Insomnia, The Prestige, Batman Begins...dude. The guy's amazing.

Alright, time to head off for church. Later.

1 comment:

jessrings said...

Hey, did you see the Batman movie yet?? It really is amazing indeed. That was one of the things I did on vaca was go see that at 12:01 am on Thurs night.