Friday, July 27, 2007

The Meaning of Life

According to my uncle Pete, it's "There ain't no such thing as a free lunch."

This evening I had a free dinner courtesy of Chipotle. They sent me a card in the mail a month ago that I could use for one free burrito, no strings attached, from their new location about two miles from our house. So I went and got the biggest burrito I have ever had from there (I'm not kidding, it was huge), and ate it while watching Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. Not only did I get a free lunch (well, dinner...), but it was coupled with Star Trek. Now, I'm not saying my uncle is wrong, but it's hard to argue with results, eh?

My brother Tom called me tonight to let me know he was driving behind one of those Google cars that takes pictures of basically everything in their path (sort of a Unicron of photography) and puts it online in their "Street" view on Google Maps. I freaked out and told him to try to get his picture taken by them, and then I had to go because I was right near Chipotle and can't very well drive while hungry and chatting on a cell phone. So here's hoping Tom and his old red minivan are immortalized forever (which Pete would say is redundant) on Google Maps for all to see. Good luck, Tom!

Oh, and MONSTER props to JVA, who have put most of their new record online. Listen to it!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Hey, thanks for the JVA link. Why aren't they totally famous yet? :)