Friday, June 08, 2007

DMV Hero

Two notable things happened this morning, one involving the Department of Motor Vehicles and the other involving the Department of Heavy Metal.

I had to go to the DMV to get the address on my license changed (shoulda done it a year ago, I know...) and I only had to wait in line for about five minutes. Crazy, you say? No, says I! I mentally prepared myself for a half-hour wait, but it was not to be so. As an added bonus, the procedure itself was quick and only cost $11. Kind of a bonus if you ask me. And even if you didn't. :)

I also played Guitar Hero for the first time while wandering through the aisles of a Best Buy. I have been hearing about this game for months, and many people I know like playing it, but I never really got around to giving it a try. The concept seems simple enough: play notes, which correspond to colored buttons on a guitar-shaped controller, as they fall down the screen, and when done correctly, you will actually be playing the lead and rhythm guitar parts on some of the best rock tunes in the last few decades. I fired up "War Pigs" on easy mode, and was jamming away in seconds. It took a little bit to get the hang of the thing, but after the seven-minute song had run its course I was mesmerized. I play guitar myself, and could just go learn how to jam out to many of the songs on the game, but oh my...it was so awesome to be doing it in the game. It's probably not a game I'll buy, partially because it's pretty expensive, but it sure is fun.

We made delicious tacos for dinner last night, and wow, were they yummy. That's all I have to say about that. :)

1 comment:

Inside The Console said...

Yeah, Guitar Here is pretty fun, no doubt about that. I hope to pick up GH3 later this year either for the Wii or the 360, mostly because it will come with a wireless guitar controller. Score.

-Phil