Monday, November 13, 2006

iSold

Well, the iPod didn't sell for as much as I had hoped, but all in all it wasn't too bad. I got $61 plus $10 shipping, which in one way is a terrible return on my "investment." Of course, it was never intended to be such, so I can't really call it such. :) Anyway, that leaves me with a little over $100 from the sale of both DS games and the iPod. Not bad, really, since the iPod *was* broken. It's nice to get something, even if it wasn't quite what I was expecting. I doubt I'll get another iPod unless it has solid-state memory like the nano or shuffle, though I am intrigued at Apple's long-rumored true successor to the 5G video iPod. But we'll see...

It's gonna snow any day now...I can just feel it. And while that's not exactly the most comforting thought (my Nebraska bones can't handle this Minnesota cold very well) there is a degree of solace to be had in knowing I will soon be able to settle in with a good book or video game on a snowy evening after work. Also, it will make the Thanksgiving trip to Nebraska that much more enjoyable. Aw yeah.

To Beth--sorry I missed you and S the other night. I got home about five minutes after you two left. Bummer. It was great to see you both at the play, though, even if only for a little while. It sounds like you had a good time, though, and that's what counts. :)

edit: i was gonna mention (and am doing so now) that we watched a particularly awesome episode of TNG tonight. It was called "I, Borg" and is the third encounter the crew has with the Borg (the first being when Q launches them into the Delta quadrant to prove that they really are not ready for the horrors which await them during true galactic exploration, and the second being the encounter that leads to the tragic battle of Wolf 359 and the near-elimination of planet Earth). I hadn't seen this episode in several years, and the first few times around I missed the complexities of the inner conflicts going on among the Enterprise crew members. Wow, what a great show TNG is.

No comments: