Thursday, November 23, 2006

Go Big Red

We rolled in to Lincoln last night after nearly seven hours on the road, which isn't too bad, if I do say so myself (and I just did. Ha!). Our Toyota Corolla actually got a surprising 40.3 miles per gallon between Minneapolis and Des Moines. Who needs a hybrid, asks I. :-) Anyway, it's great to be back in town, and the first thing we did was hit up Amigo's for a healthy dose of soft tacos and a large "The Works" nachos. I'm not kidding, I've had nachos all over this country (well, all over the midwest for sure) and the best ones are found at Amigo's. Hands down.

I also spent time playing my brother Phil's new Nintendo Wii. It's a great system and a whole lot of fun to use. For many games, all one has to do is wave a remote at the screen and things start happening. I'm helping him with/watching him play the new Zelda, and let me tell you, it's vintage Zelda through and through. If you like the Zelda franchise, then you're in for a great experience. If you're not a fan of dungeon-based puzzle-solving, then, well, maybe it's not for you. In any case, this Nintendo Wii sure is cool and I'm excited to get one of my own soon. :)

My mom is working on dinner and in a few hours we'll all be around the table sharing stories and chowing down on lots of turkey, olives, sweet potatos (thanks to my cousin Rochelle for a wicked awesome "sweet potato streudel" recipe), and other yummy stuff.

As the sign states when crossing the Missouri into Omaha this is the good life. Don't get me wrong: Minnesota ain't bad, but there's nothing like taking a vacation back home.

No comments: