Saturday, July 08, 2006

Fun Without Fire

The Independence Day celebrations were awesome, even though there were no fireworks or explosions or other such things. I hung out with my relatives, played croquet and volleyball, and had some really good food. Kudos to Beth's dad for doing the grilling (and check out her blog, too. It's linked on the right-hand side of this page).

When I was a kid I liked spending a few bucks on fireworks, but now it seems as though if you don't go big you shouldn't go at all. If you're not going to blow a few hundred dollars on fireworks, you might as well sit back and enjoy the neighbors who do. :)

I'd like to see the new Pirates movie, and may go to a matinee showing soon with a few others. I've heard it's really good, though a bit more intense than the last one. Either way I'm pretty excited about it.

Oh, and I hope to record another podcast tonight with my cousin Jeremy. There's a lot of stuff involved in setting up the recording, but I think I've got it mostly figured out. Check iTunes for updates... *crosses fingers*

No comments: