Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Wings and Ran

One of my favorite foods is the buffalo wing, particularly those prepared by the folks at the appropriately-named Buffalo Wild Wings. I'm fond of their hot ones, and can go for some wild if I am in the mood, but the blazin' are just a bit too spicy for me. And yesterday I got a hearty dose of wings because they were on sale (Yay for 35-cent Tuesdays!), brought them home, and started watching the Japanese masterpiece Ran. It was a nice way to kick off the postwork, lemme tell ya.

As of this writing I am currently 1:18 into the movie, and I am beginning to understand why it has gained such notoriety for Kurosawa. It is epic in every sense of the word, and the battle scenes are masterworks of direction. I am eager to finish it, but at nearly three hours, it does require a rather lengthy investment of time. So hopefully in the next day or two I will be able to finish it, but we'll have to see, I guess.

You know what's cool about living in an apartment? You can get things fixed while you're at work. Case in point: I emailed our landlord on Monday about a few things that needed work at our place, and today I get home from and everything has been repaired! I know an apartment isn't the same as having one's own house, but hey, it's hard to argue with service like that.

No comments: