Thursday, January 25, 2007

One Minute and Counting

I heard recently that for the month of January we gain an average of one minute per of additional daylight per day, and when put like that, it sure doesn't sound like much.

But when one considers that, about one month ago, it was dark out by 4:30, that extra minute sure gets to seem like a lot. Tonight we were in the living room and my wife noticed that it was a quarter past five and still kind of light out--a realization that can only enlighten the spirit and herald the coming spring. Bring it on, say I! I'm not much for the chilly winters here, even though it's not been that bad lately, but knowing it will soon be warming up for real, as well as light out for several more hours, is enough to make me smile.

Also, on an unrelated note, the Tombstone Brick Oven pizzas are, by far, the cream of the proverbial frozen pizza crop. I highly recommend them. :)

No comments: