Sunday, September 17, 2006

Lazy Sunday

Aside from being a really cool SNL video, it describes today rather well. Not the adjective, perhaps, but the image it conjures. Today was rainy and cold when I woke up, but after church it got to be quite nice out. As I write this I can see the clear blue sky, the trees rustling in the breeze, and even though the chill of autumn is just around the proverbial corner, it's nice to enjoy the last nice day of summer while it lasts.

I used to take the bus to college, and about this time each year I would have that same thought as I walked home from the drop off point: this must be the last nice day of summer before winter ushers it out entirely. And you know, it always amazed me at how another nice day inevitably followed. A few days of grey skies might come to pass, but the sun always managed to chase them away, if only for a short period of time. So we'll see what happens, and in the meantime, it sure is a nice day out today.

No comments: